This display cabinet top part came, but it just never had the perfect base. Well finally this spring at an Estate sale I found the piece I thought would work. I have stored in my phone the detentions of what I needed to fit this odd sized curved glass piece.
Here is the piece as it was found. It was rough but had good bones. It was stained, dinged, and scratched, however I could see the potential!
You can’t see the top in this one but you get the idea of the color and condition. Plus it was just the right dementions! It sat in the garage until a few weeks back when I decided to sand that top down and see what was really lying underneath.
I then sanded more and applied some expresso stain. This brought out the grain and gave it nice color not that red mahogany. I even discovered it’s label…nice to know it was triple inspected!
Then the painting began. After a couple of coats, some sanding and using PolyAcrylic on the top it is starting to show its new look.
I then did some mild distressing to match what I had done on the display cabinet. Plus 3 coats of sealer on the top.
I cleaned and reused the original hardware. They were complete and worked well with the design. After curing and being moved into place, the display cabinet was set in place and is a perfect match. Looks like they were make for each other and a custom piece. Plus look at all that storage under there!
The distressing looks white however it is a great color of wood showing through.
So it looks like an upper end piece. I’m lovin how it turned out. Now onto the next project…
I know it’s way overdue. But life happens and time has a way of getting away from us. We did sell and moved on December 13. I just wanted to share the last photos of the interior with it all done. This is a photo heavy post, just a warning!
Here is the kitchen all finished and the view of the farmhouse sink.
Here is a different angle showing my bun feet and cabinets.
The view of the island with the microwave built in. By the side of the refrigerator you can see the pull out spice cabinet. Love those schoolhouse lights!
This photos shows the front room and the how the vaulted ceiling turned out when I installed the tongue and groove cedar.
A sneak peek of the pantry office area, and out to the back yard.
Of course the eating area. And a peek at the island end with those cute buckets.
Here is a shot of part of the master bathroom. Love that granite counter and beadboard walls.
A nice shot of that sink and view. The subway tile and bracket details.
Another closeup of the details on this wall.
The built-ins in the pantry. Notice the bar fridge faces out for easy access from the kitchen area.
And a closeup of the pull out spice rack details.
It was a once in a life time expirience to do this kitchen. I want to thank my cabinet man Frank Romaro from 541 Design for his talent and excellent understanding in what I was after. Also for letting me do all the tiling, floor, and building my custom island. He went beyond in building the sink cabinet and making it all work.
Onto a new adventure,